As simple as it sounds, Pumpkin Cornbread is truly the easiest and yummiest recipe. Not sponsored by Trader Joe’s, but literally this is a 5 ingredient recipe made from all Trader Joe’s ingredients if you want. But highly highly highly recommend sticking to the cornbread mix from Trader Joe’s. Oh yeah, that’s right, this recipe isn’t 100% made-from-scratch like my previous recipes. Only because I have a soft place in my heart for the Trader Joe’s Cornbread Mix. It’s one of the first bakes I’ve done before I started to make most everything from scratch. And a pumpkin cornbread is the perfect blend of summer and fall.
And if you want a super easy, fool-proof recipe that’s not simply the box mix this is it! Essentially gather the following ingredients and mix together:
- Pumpkin puree
- Cornbread mix
It takes all of 10 minutes to whip up and divide into muffin tins, and in less than an hour from gathering ingredients, you’ll have fresh, warm Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins! And for some added sweetness, feel free to drizzle some honey or maple syrup on top, but these muffins are perfect by themselves too!
Easy Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 package Trader Joe's Cornbread Mix
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg, pumpkin purée, and oil together until well combined.
- Add in the cornbread and cinnamon. Mix until no more flour is showing.
- Divide the batter equally into the muffin tin. Each should be about 3/4 full. Bake for 25 min or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @vanillawhisk on Instagram